With this photo I just didn’t have good light or exposure (code for I didn’t do a good job of taking the picture). I liked the subject and was OK with how I framed it, but I couldn’t get the colors just right. It was beautifully painted and the post processing just wasn’t cutting it.
Instead of throwing the photo out I played around with it for awhile. What I came out with I sort of liked. It emphasized the foreignness of the structure through the characters on the sign and the shape of the shrine stood out.
It wasn’t what I was originally looking for or what I’d normally do, but change can be good.